NextGEN-Europe is the youth branch of the European Ecovillage Network (GEN), it connects young people around the planet with ecovillage solutions, education, projects, and regenerative living practices
NextGEN Europe is a youth centered platform – the coming together of the younger generations of the ecovillage movement in Europe. It is not only for young people, but for anyone who wishes to work with the next generation, also by connecting to the other NextGEN initiatives in all the other GEN Regions.
We see ourselves as a group of young people who are already on the journey of learning. Gaining the skills required for the implementation of a culture of sustainability in Europe.
We do this through a combination of networking and the initiation and manifestation of new projects.
Activities and Projects
- Yes To Sustainability is a project that aims to bring together young people from different regions of Europe by organizing Youth Exchanges and Mobility for Youth workers (training courses, seminars, etc.) in various Ecovillages and ecofarms, funded by Erasmus+
- Sharing Circle: This is an open and safe space for young people interested in GEN to connect. In this whatsapp group, we share events, projects and knowledge to build a strong European network of youth-focused projects and people promoting the Ecovillage model. We also organize monthly zoom meetings to connect and explore specific topics around regeneration and ecovillages.
For more details, check the description of the Sharing Circle.
- Each year, we organize workshops Strands at GEN Europe Gatherings and create opportunities for youth to attend the events.
We support the creation and development of NextGEN National Networks in Europe:
- Italy: RIVE Giovani is a group of young Italians who met at the RIVE summer gathering in 2017. After that, they decided to write a Erasmus+ Youth exchange project together. They still meet every month online and are always open to carry out small projects together.
- Netherlands: NextGEN NL is running an instagram account, creating an Ecovillage presentation, giving workshops and organising an Ecovillage tour.
- Community Biogas Moldova (ComBioM) is a project which was developed in partnership with NextGEN Europe. The objective is to develop actions and events for the introduction and adaptation of small-scale community biogas for rural Moldova.
Meet Our Team
How to get involved ?
You can participate to the Sharing Circle Zoom, every last Wednesday of the month at 17:00 CET at this link.
If you want to contact us because you have some questions or you would like to volunteer with NextGEN Europe, you can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you resonate with our work and values and you feel that you would like to contribute to the growing and thriving of this network, please consider a donation through the bank account of GEN Europe and specify “for NextGEN Europe”.
RECIPIENT: Global Ecovillage Network of Europe e.V.
IBAN: DE11 1001 0010 0007 6811 05
REASON: Donation for NextGEN Europe
Thank you for your support!